As part of a larger rebranding effort by Sage, beginning with version 2013 Peachtree Accounting is being renamed Sage 50 – U.S. Edition. But don’ worry, the accounting program you know and trust isn’t going away, just the Peachtree name. Sage 50 – U.S. Edition still has the same look and feel that it had when it was called Peachtree. Of course, more has changed than just the name. So here is the complete list of new features for 2013.
- Bank Reconciliation From Any Period – Account reconciliations are now more convenient because you can complete them regardless of your company’s current accounting period. No more kicking users out so you can change the period just to have to change it back when you are done.
- Waste-free Check Printing – When printing checks that pay more invoices than will fit on one check stub, you now have the option of printing the extra detail on plain paper at the end of the check run. It works for payroll checks too. This new feature will save money by using fewer checks.
- Inactivate Multiple Vendor Records – Clean up your vendor list by using the Set Multiple Records As Inactive tool to select vendors by last activity date. Then quickly flag some or all of them as inactive with just a few clicks.
- Expanded Amount and Currency Fields – Transaction screens can now accept amounts up to $99,999,999,999,999.00000. That’s 99 trillion with up to 5 decimal places. Reports, list views, and dashboards have also been updated to display the new larger numbers.
- Business Intelligence Inventory Analysis Report – Sage 50 Business Intelligence is an optional add-on report writer that lets you create reports in Excel using your Peachtree data. The 2013 version has added a new Inventory Analysis report to help you better manage your inventory. Sage Business Intelligence is included with Sage 50 Quantum. It is also included with Business Care plans or can be purchased separately for Sage 50 Pro, Complete, and Premium.
People come to me because they know I will give them straight answers to their questions. So I want to make it clear that these next two items appear on Sage’s list of new features for version 2013, but they are actually new features in two of Sage’s connected services and you may be able to take advantage of them without upgrading.
- Mobile Payment Integration – Sage Payment Solutions lets you integrate credit card processing with Sage 50 2013 and Peachtree 2011 and 2012. Now they have added the optional ability to take payments using your cell phone or tablet. Mobile payment integration means you can swipe a credit card almost anywhere and get real time authorization.
- Sage E-Marketing – Email is one of the lowest cost and most efficient methods of marketing. Sage E-Marketing helps you run email marketing campaigns that are integrated directly with your Sage 50 2013 or Peachtree 2012 customer list.